It’s a silly little thing, but I am quite pleased that Scratch Cradle passed the 10,000 views mark this week. I love to write, and it is still amazing to me that I am able to share my thoughts so directly with friendly, like-minded people across the country – and sometimes the world!
In just the last 90 days, I’ve had 3,887 views from the US, 345 from Canada, and 273 from the UK. Thirty-nine views were from Albania, 29 from the Philippines, and 17 from Switzerland. I’ve had visitors from Tunisia, Macedonia, Lithuania, Nigeria, Kenya, Bangladesh, and Guam. I am humbled by the vastness of the globe, and I am amazed that so many people have found their way here.
I just received the Versatile Blogger Award from fellow blogger Bibliopharm. I am honored, and it was very kind. Thank you, Bibliopharm! She is a fantastic blogger herself, writing about chickens and cooking with local ingredients. Part of receiving the award is to share 7 facts about oneself with the nominator on your blog. So here goes:
1. I grew up in New Jersey but I have lived in Virginia since I was 16.
2. I have taught high school English to the Deaf for nine years.
3. I just finished my Master’s degree in Educational Psychology with an emphasis in Gifted Education.
4. My two cats, Icelos and Lynx, are brother and sister from the same litter.
5. I got my dog, Talli (short for Talitha), at the shelter when she was 3 years old.
6. I’ve studied Japanese and Spanish, but I am only fluent in English and American Sign Language anymore. (If you don’t use it, you lose it!)
7. In the United States, I have never been west of Michigan (although I am going to Wisconsin this summer), but I have been to Canada, England, Switzerland, and Spain (where I stayed with a host family in Valencia for part of my visit.)
When you receive the Versatile Blogger Award, you in turn nominate 15 bloggers your enjoy, thank your nominator, and share 7 facts about yourself. It’s a nice way for members of the blogging community to support each other and point readers towards other blogs they may also enjoy. I will post 4 blogs I nominate today:
- The Soulsby Farm
- Out of Order Acres (My friend also keeps EOs!)
- Farm Life 1521
- Country Girl City Boy
It’s going to take me awhile to contact these folks, but these are some blogs I read and enjoy.
Thank you for reading! I am honored to have you.